SERVES: 4 | PREPARE: 10 mins | COOK: 20 mins
• Add the garlic, crushed cumin and peppercorns to a shallow dish; add the lemon juice, honey, 1 tablespoon oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and black pepper and mix together. Add the lamb and toss in the garlic mixture. Toss the asparagus with one tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper.
• For the quinoa salad, bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan; add the quinoa and simmer for 12 minutes or until the grains are just beginning to separate.
• Pour off any excess stock, leaving just enough in the pan to keep the quinoa moist. Tip into a bowl then add the remaining salad ingredients and toss together.
• Preheat a griddle pan and cook the lamb for 3 minutes on both sides. Remove from the pan, add the asparagus and cook for three to four minutes until just tender.
• Serve the asparagus alongside the quinoa salad and the lamb cutlets. Squeeze over lemon juice to taste.
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds, roughly crushed
1 lemon, juice only
2 tsp runny honey
2 tbsp olive oil
A few salt flakes
500g french trimmed lamb cutlets
For the salad:
750 ml vegetable stock
200 g quinoa
1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
200 g blackberries
100 g sun blush tomatoes in oil, drained
Small handful flat leafed parsley, roughly chopped
Small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 lemons, halved
Enjoy with a lovely Pinot Noir or cru Beaujolais.